Welcome

Welcome to my Blog. My adventure in 21st century. - Melanie Hickerson

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

No LANDLINE HERE

Nope. No telephone landline in my area that does NOT require electricity. I can get a back-up battery that will supply 6 hours or so of power for the phone, for the modem. That would not be particularly helpful in a big disaster. Global climate change will be bringing one to me sooner or later.

 Oh, the troubles I have seen. It has been fun and adventurous. A few times, just a few, I have experienced some disaster. The telephone landline that still worked after the tornado or storm was lovely! So very handy to say, "Yes, we're fine." or "Please come, now." Then gave directions.

 Electrical power is fragile. So change my expectations. Phones do not work nowadays without electricity.


details

No comments:

Post a Comment