Welcome

Welcome to my Blog. My adventure in 21st century. - Melanie Hickerson

Monday, November 21, 2016

WHAT? TAPPING THE THE ZEITGEIST?


Taking my 8 month old son for a walk in our overgrown yard, he opened a door of wonder that I had forgotten was there. I put in an endangered golden cheek warbler as an example of that wonder. When I create an image, it feels as if I go away. Artworks are constructed out of feeling and practice.

Zeitgeist is the defining spirit or mood of a particular period of history as shown by the ideas and beliefs of the time. The USA has elected a man with the personality of a two year old. One of his campaign promises is to dismantle the environmental protections. An observer at an art festival pointed out the obvious. There is a resemblance in this painting to our current president elect and endangered species.

No comments:

Post a Comment