Welcome

Welcome to my Blog. My adventure in 21st century. - Melanie Hickerson

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

VAENTINE'S DAY TO THE WORLD FROM BANKSY

 

This image by Banksy is perfect for Valentine's Day because it does not imply expectations. Just giving, hope, love all the good. Then when I think of Banksy and his gifts I think of Shepard Fairey and his attack on my painted cow, Flowerida.

The local TV station interviewed me about the desecration of my cow that was sold at an auction with Jay Leno officiating to raise money for the children's hospital. Flowerida sold for $20,000!!! I removed the graffitti before the sale. I told the TV interviewer how proud I was to be chosen for attack from the great Shepard Fairey. They edited it. I wasn't supposed to be appreciative of the honor. When I watched my interview on TV I was surprised at how drastically they were changed the meaning of what I said. Clever editing can do a lot!!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment