Welcome

Welcome to my Blog. My adventure in 21st century. - Melanie Hickerson

Monday, May 4, 2015

WOW! TIME FLIES!

Time flies when you are having a good time and lately has been exciting!
I'm writing a children's story, book. I have done this before. This one is more 'story'. 

And a new painting almost done. I kept waiting to figure out what it means exactly but That hasn't happened yet. It is mostly done. It is about 1967-68, I know that. The problems in Baltimore brought back memories of Berkeley-Oakland days. The scent of teargas wafting through the streets. Confusion and bad behaviors combined with heroic actions.This called WINDS OF CHANGE.

I lived in Berkeley, CA, and worked at the Claremont Hotel in Oakland. Joan Baez got arrested. Many, many people got arrested and also bludgeoned. Martin Luther King and entourage stayed at the Claremont. 




No comments:

Post a Comment