Welcome

Welcome to my Blog. My adventure in 21st century. - Melanie Hickerson

Thursday, February 25, 2016

FOUND ART

This painting I had totally forgotten. The dates on it are 1994 and 1996. What a surprise! So different from my memory of it. It was tightly rolled up but the surface shows no cracking. Acrylic paint really is more rubbery than oils. As I recall, I quit messing with it because I gave up on it. I took it off the stretcher bars so I could use them. I like it now! Wow!
SELF 60" x 22"



 Now to restretch it. That is a job! If I hated it in 1996 and love it now, can I claim "2016" as the execution date? Twenty years to grow on me. I was in NYC at this time. The joined hands, under water is about friendship. The gun, enemies and the sand dunes are from memories of west Texas, Monahans, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment