Welcome

Welcome to my Blog. My adventure in 21st century. - Melanie Hickerson

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

SO I CAN CUSS

"You paint!? That must be so relaxing!" and I think, "No, I paint so that I can cuss."

 Maybe I've said that outloud but the idea of painting in order to relax is bizarre, just bizarre. Making art falls into the same category as bungi-jumping or sky-diving, at least, except it is more risky.  "Safe risk taking" is what Morse Peckham (ART AND MAN'S RAGE FOR CHAOS) called it. I do cuss in my studio. In frustration. In fury. In grief. Someday, someday I'll get better, figure this problem out. Yes, sometimes it is glorious. Tiny moments when something dances inside and out. Blows the top of my head off and I was there. Present to witness a making of something.



SELF-PORTRAIT 2005




No comments:

Post a Comment